Willow Run Evangelical Lutheran Church 1943
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS IN OUR HISTORY
1942 The Mission Board of the Michigan District LCMS called Reverend Arthur Beyer to begin a ministry in Ypsilanti.
1943 Willow Run Evangelical Lutheran Church was officially founded on April 11, 1943.
The cornerstone was laid for the new church on April 25, 1943.
1948 The Reverend Herman E. Rossow was called to replace Pastor Beyer.
1951 Willow Run Evangeliscal Lutheran Church declared itself to be self-supporting, no longer a mission church.
1952 The property on 1255 E. Forest Avenue was purchased.
1953 The name changed from Willow Run to Faith Lutheran Church. The building was moved to the new site.
1955 The parsonage was built next to the church.
1964 The Reverend Albert Kureger was installed to replace Pastor Rossow.
1968 Faith's 25th Anniversary.
1972 The new sanctuary addition was dedicated.
1976 The Reverend Thees Hoft replaced retiring Pastor Krueger.
1981 The Reverend Marvin Anderson was installed.
1983 Faith's 40th Anniversary.
1990 The Reverend David Gerke was called to replace Pastor Anderson.
1993 Faith's 50th Anniversary-Mortgage Retirement and Jubilation Reception.